Tuesday 23 April 2013

A Dozen Neon Trolls

Okay, so this was going to be my stupidest, most outlandish crop-top yet! 

The idea of sewing 90s troll dolls to a T-shirt would send most people into some sort of fashion coma, however I became very excited by the idea. Early last week I ordered 12 troll dolls off of amazon with the vision of using them to create my 3rd 90s inspired crop-top. To make the top, i cut of a section of the bottom (as done so with the other two) to make it into a crop. I then dyed the spare bit of fabric apple green, and started pinned it around the neck of my top to create a ruffled collar. I wanted to make this top as dramatic and fitting to the theme as possible. I then pinned my troll dolls in and around the pleats and ruffles of the collar, making it look bolder and very 'in your face' 90s. 

Once happy with my layout I started to sew my collar piece onto my top. Now all I had to do was find my very own life sized troll doll to model it for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment