Friday 12 April 2013

Look as if you couldn't give a...

On Tuesday I went to a friends house to shoot my grunge inspired photo shoot. I waited till about 7pm so the lighting was just right, still light but getting dark. I then styled my model in black wet look leggins, doc martins and my Nirvana crop-top. I used a black pencil eyeliner to create a smudgy dark effect on my models eyes, a deep purply lip tint and back combed my models hair slightly to give it that scruffy unkept look. I wanted to create a realistic grunge atmosphere so I used the back drop of a brick wall and an old motor bike that was just laying unused at my friends house. I felt this gave the images a certain sense of street style and made them look a lot more natural. It also fitted in well with Nirvana's classic rock image. I asked my model to look as moody and grumpy as possible, which wasn't hard as it was freezing outside, to complete the 'no hope' grunge attitude.

























I was really happy with how a few of my images turned out, however it was such a challenge making them look convincing and not too staged but at the same time like a fashion shoot and not like documentary photography. Although the images looked great in black and white I also felt it important to capture the full appearance of my crop-top, hence a few close up of the embellished lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment