Sunday 14 April 2013

So Super Cringey

Earlier on in the week, I completed a shoot based on rock legends Nirvana (see previous post), and I thought it only fair that now it was The Spice Girls turn! Using the crop-top I had made and a very good friend, willing enough to make me make her look about 12, I created a super cringey Spice Girls photo shoot!
I wanted to create a realistic 'tacky' looking 90s shoot, using a plain white back drop, cheesy poses and classic 90s pop princess hair and make-up! I styled my model in plain black leggings and my own Spice Girls crop-top. 
The inspiration for my shoot was from my number one Spice Girl, Baby Spice! I wanted my model to display a certain girly innocence, a trait that seemed to be popular within the 90s with the rise of other big 'pop princesses' such as Brittany and Kylie. It was so interesting doing this shoot compared to the last one, which had a much darker feel. I felt with the Spice Girls shoot, everything was far more staged as I guess it was how someone would expect a typical 'photo shoot' to go. Where as the Nirvana shoot felt so much more natural and serious, I found these differences to be clear in the artists music too. After completing this shoot I felt it important to look at more comparisons from the 90s, looking at both the staged, silly side and the dark and somewhat serious side...



No comments:

Post a Comment