Wednesday 3 April 2013

SPICE UP YA' LIFE

So in one of my earlier posts I mentioned creating my own range of 90s inspired crop-tops, all expressing different themes from the 90s. After getting loads of great feedback from my questionnaires it was super clear that there was one very big recurring theme... The Spice Girls. And to be honest I don't think I can think of anything quite as 90s? So after a little bit of research into the band (although embarrassingly I already knew quite a lot) I got together some basic ideas for my top.
I wanted my top to have different elements on it to represent each member from the band, starting with sporty, which I felt was covered in the sporty 'crop' top style. I then dyed my top pink in honour of baby, embellished the neckline with pearls for posh and used leopard print fabric and union jack print fabric to make a scary and ginger inspired sleeve! Now all I have to do is find a willing Spice Girls fan to model it for me. Hmmm...

1 comment: