Monday 18 March 2013

A Nostalgic Questionnaire

Since my crop-top idea I felt intrigued to know what everyones memories of the 90s were! I wanted to know what they were watching, what they were listening too and more importantly what they were wearing. I decided the easiest way to do this was to hand out a questionnaire! Here it is:


90s Fashion and Pop Culture Questionnaire 

1. What year were you born? 

2. If born in the 90s do you consider yourself to be a typical ‘90s kid’? 

YES          NO           NOT BORN IN THE 90s 
3. What’s your favourite 90s TV show? 
4. Who’s you favourite 90s music artist/band? 
5. If I said to you ‘Dress like you’re back in the 90s’ what would you wear? 
6. Do you think 90s clothing was fashionable? 
YES           NO 
7. (If answered ‘YES’ to question 6) Who would you consider a 90s fashion icon? 
8. (If answered ‘NO’ to question 6) Who would you consider a 90s fashion disaster? 
Thank you for answering my questionnaire! 

Some of the answers I got were great! I couldn't stop going 'Oh remember them!' and 'Haha my mum used to make me wear that too!' I had endlessness fun listening to everyone reminisce over there 90s fuelled childhoods, chatting about Fresh Prince, Bewitched and Britney! With the answers I received from my questionnaires I hope to pick 5 top themes and use them as inspiration to make 5 90s inspired crop-tops. I plan to use methods such as dying and embellishing to create the different looks, I then hope to style them into 5 different photo shoots, focusing closely on the different themes. 
My top 5 themes so far are: 
  • The Spice Girls 
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel Air 
  • The Power Puff Girls   
  • Trolls 
  • Sports Wear 
Please feel free to re-live your 90s memories and do my questionnaire, just leave your answers in the comment box! 

No comments:

Post a Comment