Sunday 10 March 2013

The day I spent far too much.

Me in Prince of Bel-air style jacket and my neon yellow hockey crop top.
So with my Clueless shoot in mind me and a couple of the girls decided we would hit London on Wednesday so I could see what little treasures I could find to assist me in my project and on my shoots. I had a couple of shops in mind that I new we had to visit! Beyond Retro in Soho being one (http://www.beyondretro.com). I had a little bit of money saved and thought it would be very well spent    on my project (plus I get to indulge on some new clothes!). Armed with my sketch book, filled with many images from Clueless, I had a million and one ideas of things I was looking for. Dungarees, an offensively bright shell suit jacket, crops tops, MC Hammer pants, jelly shoes, reebok classics; oh the list goes on! After mooching around London for most of the morning, we then started our travels to Soho where we lunched at our Amsterdam favourite, Wok to Walk, before going on to Beyond Retro. This is were it all went wrong.
There is was Aladdin's Cave, and in it were things from the 90s only the Spice Girls could dream of. Neon crop tops, more dungaree's than I knew existed, shell suits, gold glittery jelly shoes and all of it seemed so cheap!
My gorgeous dungarees! 
90s tie-dyed hooded top
  Well we must of been in there for a good couple of hours, I think the shop assistants thought we were moving in! In the end I sadly had to pick just a few items that I was gonna buy. I did this quick before the girls either ran off and left me or started to break into tears! It was super hard but I tried to pick the bits which I thought could be the most versatile when being used in a shoot, and in the end that was a dark denim pair of Revolt dungarees, a neon yellow cropped hockey top and a neon baby blue and pink shell suit jacket. Just when I thought that was it we happened to stop off at Absolute Vintage and I somehow managed to buy a bright diamond print gold button- up cropped shirt, oops!  

No comments:

Post a Comment