Sunday 17 March 2013

My Urban Education

Today I went for a quick shop in Maidstone. Yeah okay, so kinda for myself, but also to spy on any 90s inspired trends that were creeping onto the high street. My first port of call was of corse Topshop! To me Topshop can never do wrong (well most of the time) and are always bang on trend.
 As I walked in everything screamed 90s, I got very excited, grabbed most things in sight and ran to the changing rooms! Beastie Boys band tee, neon crop tops, bomber jackets and tracky bottoms with crazy prints. My most exciting finds were a grey letter print tube skirt with matching long sleeve crop top and a floral and dogtooth mini skirt with matching crop top. When exploring 90s fashion I found that two piece items were extremely popular however when going to vintage shops in London I hardly came across any, especially 90s inspired ones! So you can imagine how happy I was when coming across two today!


Another 90s inspired outfit I put together today were a pair of light blue high-waisted denim jeans and a sunshine yellow crop top. The outfit was inspired by style icon Dionne from Clueless. I loved this look so much I ordered the top, with the vision of styling it in a shoot soon!
After my shop, I realised 50% of everything I had picked out was a crop top! Blimey. I think its fair to say I had fallen for these midriff baring beauties! Thats when the idea popped into my head! My very own 90s inspired crop top collection?! I could look at all different bands, TV shows, topics from the 90s and make a hole collections of crop tops from them! Then from this I can create the most fabulous styling shoots. HORAH! My shopping trip was even more worth while than expected.

Click here to view Topshop's 90s inspired 'Urban Education'!

No comments:

Post a Comment