Sunday 10 March 2013

As If!

One of the first things I had to look at when studying 90s fashion was trashy american rom/com Clueless. I mean what says 90s more than a tartan two piece and knee high socks?! I have to admit when watching to film I quoted most lines and felt deep sympathy for anyone listening to me coping Cher's catchy sayings, but I had such fun, freeze framing moments of pure fashion genius and then snapping away with my camera at my laptop screen. 

I just adore Cher's prim and proper pleated mini skirts teamed with Mary Jane's, not to mention Dionne's outrageous hats and super 90s neon and who could forget Tai! Okay she was tragic on the fashion front at the start but once Cher and D got hold of her she looked super cute in pastel shades and dungarees! 

 After putting all my images together from the film I came to the conclusion I was still obsessed by Clueless and wanted to look deeper into the fashion side. Why hadn't anybody recognised this film as fashion brilliance before? And thats when I started grinning with excitement.
Wildfox has only just made there entire spring collection Clueless inspired! From T's with captions on such as 'whatever' and 'as if' to cropped neon knits! OMG HEAVEN. 
I was so delighted at what I had found. It had felt like finally the 90s was making a come back, and at just the right time! Not only was Wildfox selling garments based on Clueless but they had also styled and photographed some amazing images (which I will show you on here). This then made me think 'I wanna create a Clueless inspired shoot myself!' But first I must get my hands on some Clueless clothing...hmm. Off to the mall as Cher would say. http://www.wildfoxcouture.co.uk/store/collections/wildfox-white-label.html

No comments:

Post a Comment