Tuesday 12 March 2013

Down at the Mall

So yesterday I was super busy creating fashion styling shoots based around my favourite 90s movie, yep you guessed it, Clueless.
First stop The Mall, you can't get more Clueless than that right?

I wanted to style my model based on Clueless character Tai Frasier (the new girl and new project of Cher Horowitz and Dionne Davenport). I wanted to create a cute and casual look using a baggy tie-dye tee, dark denim dungarees and doc martins. I made her lips glossy and pink, eye make-up neutral and hair high. To send my model even further back into the 90s I photographed her buying, drinking and holding a slush puppy (remember them?!).
The nice italian man at the ice cream stand was flattered that he would be in my photographs and even asked if he looked okay, bless! After taking some snaps at the ice cream stool, I moved on to taking some full body shots of my model in front of a 90s style café, this way I could get some good images of the hole outfit I had put together. I also got her to lean against a blue wall outside a sweet shop. The lolly-pop print on the wall have a great tacky pop 90s feel.






I then took a few of my model sitting down at the café, to try and recreate a scene in clueless where the three girls are chatting away in a mall café after a party in the valley. I wanted my model to have that typical 'I live above sunset' 90s girl expression, if you get my gist? 
One slush and 94 images down we headed home and I started to prep for shoot number two...  

No comments:

Post a Comment