Tuesday 12 March 2013

Act Like a Dumb Blonde

After my shoot in the mall I headed home where my model was meeting me for my next shoot of the day. Now for this I needed a typical blonde bombshell, someone worthy to play Cher in my second Clueless inspired shoot. The first person that sprung to mind was my friend Alannah, who lets just say does Clueless blonde very well! I knew I wanted to style 5 different outfits on my model and create some full body simple styling shots, as well as pick 3 of my favourite scenes from Clueless and recreate them, incorporating my own styling. I picked the scenes; Cher is teaching Tai the importance of squats, doing her make-up in the mirror and picking what to wear for her driving test.
So starting with my models hair, I wanted to keep everything very natural so I just used straighteners to create cute little flicks and give her hair a little more texture and volume. I then re-did her make-up, pop art pink blush, shimmery powder pink eye shadow (all the way to the brow, that were filled in with a light brown crayon), two coats of mascara and glossy pink lips. What a betty!

Starting with the scene where Cher is picking an outfit to wear, I chucked a load of my most brightly coloured/interesting clothes onto my bedroom floor and arranged them in an interesting way. I then got my model to sit within the mess and pose in a vacant doll like way.

























I then moved onto my next scene where Cher is putting her make-up on in the mirror. I wanted this image to feel very romantic and feminine, hence the dim, moody lighting and the deep warm pinks.


And then finally I had great fun making my model endure a mini work out (evil stylist/photographer!) to create the last and final scene.

















Here are my five key Clueless looks! 

From left to right: 
  • In look number one Alannah is wearing plain black leggings and a leopard print crop-top (both from Topshop) teamed with a pink and blue shell suit jack (from Beyond Retro) and her own baby pink Adidas trainers.  
  • In look number two Alannah is wearing a bright yellow sports crop-top (from Beyond Retro) and a pleated brown high-waisted mini skirt (from Topshop) accessorised with black knitted knee-highs (from Primark) and yellow and brown wedges (from Newlook). 
  • In look number three Alannah is wearing midnight blue disco pants (from House of Fraser) and neon diamond print polo blouse (from Absolute Vintage) worn with pink velvet platforms and chunky gold chain (both Topshop). 
  • In look number four Alannah is wearing silky pink slip dress (from a local charity shop) with pale pink and mint green heels (from Irregular Choice). 
  • In look number five Alannah is wearing baggy white crop top with leopard motif (from Topshop) and baggy zebra print sweat pants (from River Island) team with cute floral head scarf (from local a local charity shop). 

A Fashion Illustration of my Five Key Looks 


















No comments:

Post a Comment